Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

George's First Trip to the Beach

first of many family pics

Our friend Mark Markow came into town for a night so he and Bailey could go to some meetings.  It was fun to have a night out.  

hanging out on the counter in the bumbo.  He entertains himself with anything within reach on the countertop.  
with his Uncle Jesse
splashing around in the pool.  
George got a lot of love from his uncles last week.  

This pic is taken with the timer on my camera.  So that's why it's not really focused in on us.  It's the only one of all of us.  It took us many tries to get one this good.  
what a cool dude!!

I think I'm gonna like it here!

George and his two favorite uncles

All the Thompson men with Baby George

the family

Four generations....George, me, my Dad, and my Grandaddy

Jesse with his chick magnet

and Jack with his as well.  

George was not afraid of either the sand or the waves splashing him.  He loved it.  
He was very interested in the sand....and whether or not it tasted good. :)


Last week we took our annual family beach trip to Gulf Shores.  My family and extended family (my dad's side) have been making this trip since I was two and staying in the same house.  We actually stay out on Fort Morgan, and since my family has long since outgrown the house, we stay in a condo that is very close to the house.  It is so much fun to get together with cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents during this time every year.  I was so nervous about the long car ride down there, but George did fine.  He loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  The child smiles and squeals anytime Mickey is on the screen, so we took a DVD for the car, and it was a life saver.  George did really well, I think, as a five month old at the beach.  He was neither scared of the sand, nor the water.  I will probably have my hands completely full next year.  He loves to splash in any kind of water, and the sand didn't bother him at all.  The sun, however, absolutely zapped him every day, and he took more naps than I have ever seen him take.  But hey, he was on vacation!!  We really enjoyed our time with him at the beach.  He is back at the babysitter today, and is probably giving her fits.  He was quite spoiled after being with my family for seven days.  We had a wonderful time, but by the end of the trip, I was ready to get him home and back on his little schedule.  

Other George updates...

He weights 18.10 lbs.  
We are about to start baby food next week.  
We are extremely close to sitting up by ourselves. 
Last night we slept for 12 hours!!! whoo hoo!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Awe! I love it! George at the beach! So cute and fun! We need a reunion Menetre/Toms beach trip with the poochy babies. And... we must get an air bjorn. Pearce loves his but it is just to freaking hot for summer. Guess we'll be the proud owners of two bjorns, one for each season, but it's a must!

    ReplyDelete