Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Simple Things

George with his teething biscuit.
An afternoon ritual around here....a little Mickey Mouse with his teething biscuit. Life is good.
Still no teeth, but he loves these things.
There is progress in the crawling department....but no official success yet.

He's getting very strong....This is the downward facing dog position (for yoga fans)
Playing with his new toy from Nonna and Pal (Bailey's parents)
They brought him a sock monkey and a Tonka truck. He loved them both.
Thanks Nonna and Pal!
Mommy and Daddy got George a swing for the porch. Hap (my dad) put it up for him this weekend. Thanks Hap!!!
wearing Daddy's golf visor...very handsome
checking out his swing
Holly and I went back to school shopping at the mall this week and got the babies matching monkey pajamas. George was out for the count, but we had to get a picture. Look how big Cousin Carter has gotten. She's a doll!!
George loves to swing.
Bailey and I seem to be always on the go. It is very rare that we have consecutive weekends at home. This is our second weekend at home in a row, and I have to say that sometimes doing nothing at all on the weekend is absolutely the best. It causes me to sit back and look at the simple things in my life that make it so sweet. For the last two weekends we have gotten to have friends over, go to church, visit with family, and just be home as a family together. It has been wonderful. It is so funny to think that we have lived in Tupelo for over a year now. We have really fallen into place here, and even though I wasn't sure about the move at first. I am absolutely positive that this is where we are supposed to be, and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I cannot believe how fast time flies, how big George is (He's 7 months old today!!), and how much a year (and a baby) can change your life. The summer has flown by as it usually does, and I go back to school tomorrow. It will be a new kind of year teaching seniors, but I am not dreading it too bad. I will probably change my tune in the morning when that alarm goes off. Have a great week, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new school year. George gets cuter every time I see his pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow he has really grown since I saw him! He has so much hair now. You look great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!
    i just commented, not sure if it posted! ha! george is a doll! he is getting to be a big boy!
    as for my blog - nothing crazy went down!
    but since we are opening beagle bagel in madison soon... and our life is going to be WAY public, i felt like we needed to go private on the blog for that reason. i have been thinking about it for the past year... and just decided for sure this morning!
    hope you are well!
    good luck with your new year!

    ReplyDelete