Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

At home with George

Uncle Luke with his "practice" baby.

Ashley and Baby George


Aunt Reedie and Uncle Ryan were sweet to come see us!

Aunt Candice came to visit.

After our first bath


Right after our first bath...not so happy with me.



He grabbed this on his own as we put him into the bouncy seat. He loves his bouncy seat by the way.




Right before we took him home.


This is my favorite picture of him on his way home from the hospital.



Uncle Jack



Sweet Harper came to see him.












George coming home for the first time.







Now that we made it through the first night with the little guy, with much help from my mom I might add, I have a little time while he naps to blog a little bit about this little man and how he got here.







Bailey and I went to the hospital at 6am Thursday morning after not getting much sleep the night before. We were really excited, and I was a little nervous when we got there. We had already done a pre check in, so I expected to get going soon after we got there. However, this was not the case. We waited for over an hour in the waiting room because our rooms were not ready. This would have made me even more nervous, but there was a couple who was also waiting for their room to open up that we knew from childbirth class in the waiting room too. We sat and talked to them, and it helped our nerves to get to hang out and talk with them for a while. At about 7:30 am they called us back and things got going quickly. Little did we know that was the only thing all day that would go quickly.







They gave me this medicine by mouth to soften my cervix because by this point I had still made no progress toward



labor. This was not bad at first at all. We watched DVD's and I read my book. I was thinking at this point that this was not going to be that bad. Probably around 1:00, I started to feel some contractions, and about an hour later, I felt them enough to get some pain medicine. This is where I kind of lose track of time. I don't really know how much longer I waited, but they gave me another one of those pills by mouth after a while which only increased the contractions. The pain medicine helped, but it was by no means an epidural. Somewhere in here they broke my water, which by the way was probably one of the most painful things I have ever experienced in my entire life. Dr. Webb finally ordered an epidural for me because I was dialated enough at about 9:30 pm. It took the nurse anethesist about 30 minutes to get to my room, and needlesss to say he was not on my good list when he finally got there. The epidural worked a little at first but I had what they called "hot spots" that still felt every contraction. He redosed my epidural about an hour later, and I finally felt numb at about 2:30 am. Everyone kind of started to rest after that. I don't know what time it was but at some point, the nurse rushed in in the middle of the night to give me oxygen because George's heart rate had dropped. This kind of freaked me out, and I started to realize more and more that this was just not working at all, and I was going probably going to have to have a section. At some point after this I got really nauseous and sick and Dr. Webb came in to check me. It was probably 7am when I begged him with tears in my eyes to please give me a c-section. I didn't think I was physically able to push at this point. He finally agreed this was best, and by 8:45, George was here. We have been fine ever since. It was definitely a long day but well worth it to finally see his face. I have added some new pictures. He is so much fun and sweet, and I am so glad he's finally here.





















13 comments:

  1. he is precious!!! man, that WAS a long day! thanks for posting the story... i was curious b/c i knew you posted that you were going in at 6:30 am - and his 'stats' said he got here at 8:45 am the next day - when i read that, i felt so sorry for you! i knew it must have been a Loooooong day! But what a great reward for that long day! praise the Lord for a healthy baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was glad to hear the story too. I have really been thinking of you after you wrote that you were in labor for 27 hrs. I am so sorry you had to such a rough time, but glad glad that sweet George is here safe and sound! You look great and glad to hear that everyone is doing well at home. God is Good!!!!
    Love-Mollie Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Grace and Bailey - he's beautiful. Can't wait to meet him in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That story wore me out!! Glad you are ok and that George made it here safe and sound. He is adorable. Congrats to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Gracie! So glad you are all healthy and happy! Much love to your little man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS Gracie!! George is precious! And WOW, 27 hours! Oh My! I bet you WERE glad when he finally arrived! Glad to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Gracie and Bailey!!! I'm so glad he's here and I can't wait to get my hands on that precious little boy!!! The pictures are great and George looks just like you! (Sorry Baily) Thank goodness last Thursday is history and you are home learning all the joys of being parents! Thanks for doing the blog. It is a great way to let us watch little George grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats, Gracie and Bailey! He is soo cute! Have a fabulous time adjusting to life as a family of 3! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. all i can say is bless your heart, way to go gracie and of course congrats...he is absolutely adorable. i know yall are having so much fun. enjoy every second! love love caroline ridgway hogan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! George is precious! I know you are so glad to finally meet the little guy! Glad I found your blog!

    Emily (Gladney)Beamer

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad he is here safe and sound!! Hopefully you have been able to get a little rest! =) Congrats to you & Bailey!

    ReplyDelete