Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Appendicitis

This week proved to be quite interesting. Tuesday afternoon I had a stomach ache at school. I thought I was coming down with a virus or something, but it just got worse and worse. By the time I made it home from school, I was in pain that was equal to contractions from labor. No joke! I called my mom and told her to come over, and told Bailey to go get George from the babysitter. By the time they both got to my house I decided it was time for the emergency room. After waiting for over an hour in the worst pain of my entire life, the doctor finally saw me and gave me some medicine. They did a CT scan and found that I had appendicitis and had to have surgery that night. So they took out my appendix around midnight Tuesday night. I have been taking it easy at home this week and am planning on going back to work Monday. But it definitely was not something I ever expected to happen to me. Thanks to everyone who called, prayed, sent texts, flowers, and food. I really appreciate it!! Life is slowly getting back to normal, and I hope it will stay that way for a while.

3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you! So glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bless your heart-that's terrible! i am so sorry and hope you get to feeling better! will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Glad you are feeling better. My appendix actually ruptured when I was pregnant with Sydney. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks! And I agree with you about the pain equaling contractions....I seriously thought I was having a miscarriage because it hurt so badly. I would still much rather give birth naturally than have appendicitis! Anyway, so glad you are better. And I cannot believe how grown George is looking. He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete