Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

George in his first swimsuit...we did try to get a little sun over the weekend.
Please excuse the rough profile of me....I told yall I was under the weather, and yes, that is a mimosa beside me.  It contains vitamin C.  ;)

rockin the swimsuit

after Brandon and Meg's wedding...he looks exhausted
Ryan and Bailey at the after the rehearsal dinner party
Reed and me
Bailey with the groom...we were so glad to share the weekend with such good friends



I haven't posted in a few weeks because life has been quite busy with trying to get finished up with school.  A very short and to the point update in my life is that the day before school was out my principal gave me the news that I would be teaching seniors next year.  I have been teaching mostly 9th and 10th during my five year teaching career, and I have never taught seniors.  So this was a big shocker for me.  This also meant I had to move my room...again!!  After moving schools last summer, this was not a fun thing.  I am all moved now though and have a stack up books about a foot and half high that I have to read for the summer.  I was supposed to teach a summer school class online for ICC.  I found out yesterday that it didn't make.  So I officially have the summer completely off.  God has a plan for all, and I know that next year will work itself out, but I am nervous about a grade I've never taught.  

We went to West Point for Memorial Day weekend for Brandon Toms and Megan Tinsley's wedding.  We participated in all of the festivities...but we didn't get to play as much as we would have liked because we both had terrible sinus infections.  I read on my friends Reed and Elizabeths' blogs that their babies both had their first colds that weekend.  That's so funny, because Bailey and I caught out little colds from George as well.  Poor guy, he couldn't breathe for about a week, and I had to learn to be a pro with the nose bulb clearer thing...which used to scare me to death.  We did have a great time despite the sickness, and it was so nice to have the grandparents around for George when Bailey and I just needed to be sick and lie around.  We took George with us to Brandon and Meg's wedding reception.  He was not happy about it at all.  I'm not sure if he was too hot, if it was too late, or if it was too loud.  Bailey said he cried the whole time because I dressed him like a girl.  Go figure.  Here are a few pics from the weekend.  

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the christening gown. And I love the swimsuit, too. We have the same outfit in a john-john. And you'll be fine with seniors!

    ReplyDelete